Dance mode on! Wedding First Dance Song Ideas: 25 Classic & 15 R&B
Deciding on what song to dance to? It does get pretty tricky. Doesn’t it?
We’ve gathered a few tips to help you decide, as well as rounded up our top 25 classic and top 15 R&B wedding first dance song ideas!
(1) You can start by listening to many songs and getting a feel of which one you both love, get giddy and excited about, or could say, “that’s our jam!” as soon as it plays. You can choose a song with a special meaning to you both; this could be a song you have some memories with or a song you heard on your first date.
(2) You could also choose a song that reminds you of a holiday or a special occasion; if you don’t have any special memories attached to a song you can choose a song according to the wedding theme. Choosing a song by your favorite artist or band is also a great idea.
(3) You can also consider picking multiple songs and put them together in a shorter version. If you are doing some choreography and working with a dance instructor, have the mix of songs professionally edited so that you can get on that choreography on the beat!
(4) Don’t feel bad about picking songs that have already been played or used at a wedding you went to. You are allowed to be corny and re-use songs repeatedly; they are used because they are meaningful. There’s a reason why they are a wedding first dance favorite.
PRO TIP: Get your song/s edited and shorter – only play the highlights of the song. If you have your guests standing while you are doing your first dance, you can also give them a little break by playing a 2-3 minute song instead of a full 5-6 minute song. Unless you are doing a dance choreography where everyone can dance to it or sit down while watching you, then yes, a 5-6 minute song sounds great!
Here are our top 25 classic list:
- All of Me by John Legend
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- Can’t Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley
- Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran
- Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers
- Make You Feel My Love by Adele
- Better Together by Jack Johnson
- She’s The One by Robbie Williams
- I Love You by Celine Dion
- La Vie En Rose by Edith Piaf
- At Last by Etta James
- How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding
- Wherever You Will Go by Charlene Soraia
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Grow old with you by Adam Sandler
- Feels like home by Chantal Kreviazuk
- Can I have this dance By the HSM Cast
- You are the best thing by Ray LaMontagne
- For You by Tyler Shaw
- Where my Love Goes by Lawson
- The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
- The Vow by Ruth Anne
- You are the Reason by Calum Scott, Leona Lewis
- Stand by Me by Ben E. King
- Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder
GET YOUR FREE WEDDING PLANNING KIT
Here are our top 15 R&B list:
- Adorn By Miguel
- I’ll give all my love to you By Keith Sweat
- Spend my life with you by Tamia and Eric Benet
- For you by Kenny Lattimore
- Love by Musiq Soulchild
- For always by Tyrese
- The rest of my life by Brian McKnight
- Every time I close my eyes by Babyface feat. Kenny G
- Cupid by 112
- Promise by Jagged Edge
- All my love by Inner Voices
- Heaven Sent by Keyshia Cole
- 24/7 by Kevon Edmonds
- Make me whole by Amel Larrieux
- Right Next To Me by Blaque
There you are! Wedding First Dance Song Ideas: 25 Classic & 15 R&B!