Should You Do Fake Flowers For Wedding? Will it look tacky? Is it really cost-effective? Is it the same cost as fresh flowers? Am I really saving money?
QUICK ANSWER: Why not? With the right choice and style of flowers and high-quality materials, they can look stunning and might actually save you money. But don’t hold your breath, you’re not saving *that* much money. You might actually spend the same amount as that of real flowers (if not more), depending on the products you choose.
This site contains affiliate links. For more info, please see our full disclosure.
This is a personal decision. There is no wrong or right.
More importantly, fake flowers can be as pretty and elegant as fresh flowers – WHEN DONE AND STYLED RIGHT.
Choosing to do fake flowers has pros and cons. Here are some to consider:
- Value for your money. Wedding fake flowers can be slightly cheaper than their fresh counterpart (NOTE: this depends on the choice of products!)
On the same note, also remember that you might end up spending the same amount if not more when you purchase high-quality silk flowers. Unless you’re planning to reuse it after a wedding, it might not save a lot of money for one-time use only.
- Long Lasting. Since they are fake or silk, they don’t wilt or die. This makes them a good candidate for DIY projects since you can prep them ahead of time. Whichever weather you are getting married, they will hold up pretty well.
- Allergy-friendly. Compared to real fresh flowers since they have pollens, fake flowers don’t are usually made of plastic or velvet which is more allergy friendly.
- Stock Options. You do have the time to shop around and preorder these products since you can touch and feel them.
If you are DIY-ing them, you can start by purchasing a few and playing (practicing) with them and once you have decided which ones you’d like to work with, you can order way ahead of time for your wedding.
- Reusability. You can either give away these fake flower arrangements or you can also take some home. They can be used as home decor!
TO CONSIDER: DRIED AND PRESERVED FLOWERS WEDDING BOUQUETS
- Unnatural. Even the highest quality fake flowers, will still look and feel fake. However, there are really good high-quality products that can pass the “not bad” vibe – from a distance.
This is why we have repeatedly said that the style and choice of products will affect the overall look.
- Plastic. They are made from plastic or velvet. Not the most environment-friendly option.
But if you plan to keep them longer as home decor, then the overall usage time can be *somewhat* justified.
- No scent. This can actually be a pro as well if you are not a big fan of that fresh floral scent.
- Behind-the-scenes production. For them to last longer, there will be a lot of glue gun-ing. Simply poking them through a foam can work, but if you are planning to reuse them, applying glue gone will ensure that they are not damaged.
This will also enable you to transport them easier since if they are secured in place, they are less likely to move around.
In summary, the choice is up to you. We’d say to feel pressured with the world’s “should” – you know what we’re saying the you “SHOULD” do this or that world. Do we need to be environmentally conscious, sure.
But if at your wedding you prefer to use fake flowers for circumstances and decisions that matter to your and your fiance, then that’s exactly what you should do.
There are other ways where you can help the environment. Enjoy your wedding and be comfortable with whichever decisions you’ll make!
There you are lovelies! Our insight on your question “Should You Do Fake Flowers For Wedding”?